1) The college Library and Reading Room will remains open from 8.00 a.m. To 5.00 p.m. from Monday to Friday and
8.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.On Saturday.However during examinations,the college Library Reading Room will remain open
from 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. On all working days.
2) The student should obtain the identity card from the Library as soon as he / she takes admission. The identity card is an important document and should be safely preserved and brought to the college every day.
3) No student will be allowed to enter the Library without his / her identity card and the same should be shown at the entrance of the Library.
4) In case, the identity card is lost, the student should inform the librarian immediately in writing and apply for a duplicate identity card which will be issued by the permission of the Principal only.If the original Identity card is found later on,the student should return the duplicate one.A student should not keep two identity card in his / her possession. Use of two identity cards is not permissible and any student violating this rule is liable for severe punishment.
5) The student will be responsible if his / her identity card is misused in any way by any other person.
1) Student desirous of borrowing books for study at home will have to pay the required caution money.They should
submit their caution money receipt and identity cards to the Librarian for the preparation of the Library cards.
On this card only one book will be issued for home reading for a period of six days.for borrowing a book for home
study,the student should submit the demand slip a day earlier and collect the book next day. students are expected
to return the books borrowed by them on or before the due date stamped on the issue slip.
2) Reference books such as dictionaries, encyclopedias, atlas, current periodicals. University Question Paper Sets, rare books etc. Will not be Issued out of the library.These books can however; be made available in the Library during regular working hours.
3) A student is expected to check the pages of the books before leaving the Issue Counter and if any pages are missing,the same should be immediately brought to the notice of the Librarian.Any student failing to do so, will be held responsible for any damage etc.If found white returning the book.
4) Students are not allowed to borrow the books on subject of study other than those prescribed by the syllabus for them.
5) Students are not allowed to lend any book belonging to the Library to any other person,
6) No book will be Issued to any student either for reading in thew Reading Hall or for home study, unless student produces his / her identity card.
1) The students should maintain silence in the Reading Hall and should not cause any disturbance to any other
student in any manner, indiscipline in the Reading Hall will be viewed very seriously and the student will be
liable for strict disciplinary action.
2) Students should not mark or mutilate the Library book in any way.
3) Text books,question paper sets, syllabi, magazines and reference books are issued for reading in the Reading Hall, Under any circumstances, books borrowed by the students for reading in the Reading Room should be returned at the counter before leaving the Library and should not be taken home.
4) Any student disobeying the rules of the Library and the Reading Hall will be liable for severe disciplinary action which can amount to the cancellation of his/her membership of the Library or even rustication from the college.
5) The Library attendant on duty at the entrance of the Library is authorized to examine everything that passes into or out of the Library.
6) The college Leaving or Transference Certificate will not be issued to any student who has not returned the Library books.
The college has a book bank scheme from which books are lent for the entire academic year to the poor and
deserving students. Students may apply for the books in the prescribed application form which can be had from
the Library on payment of Rs. l/-only, The form, duly filled in, should be submitted to the Librarian, along
with the Income Certificate of the parents / guardian. The decision of the Book Bank Committee for the lending
of books will be final.
After the academic year the student should return the books immediately or latest within one week after the examination is over,
The student will have to pay a nominal charge of Re. l/- per book as the binding charges.